Friday 23 October 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Reflection Studio

Evaluation:

In today's lesson we were given the task of photographing the element reflection in the studio. This was the first time we had properly used the studio for a shoot of our own. This helped me learn how to set up in the studio and how to adapt thee lighting top suit my photographs. As it was one of my first times in the studio a lot of my photographs didn't turn out the way i specifically wanted. 

This is my best image of the day. I edited this image and placed an ordinary photo of Jasmine over the image of her holding a mirror. Therefore, it looks as if she's holding a picture of herself in the mirrors reflection. I edited this image on photoshop. If i was to shoot this again i would have a white backdrop to create more of a contrast from the background and jasmine herself. I would also change the opacity of the image so it looks more like a reflection in the mirror. Despite this, I do not like the shadow behind; I should have used my lighting more effectively in order to eliminate this. 

If i was to shoot again i would re-shoot this image. I like that the light is reflected however it appears blurry and is not a sharp, clear reflection. I like the dark background as it allows you to focus more on the mirror, and creates an almost weary appeal as too what could be reflected in the mirror. I also wish i photographed more of the reflection in the bottom half of the mirror as this would have expressed more reflection instead of just a dark background, which doesn't reflect much. 

Progression: 

If I was to reshoot I would like to focus on eyes, and the reflections they create. 





Progression in progress:


No comments:

Post a Comment