Thursday 8 October 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Tone

Evaluation:

Today we were given the task of photographing tone. For this element I learned how to use lighting to my advantage, in order to create the best 'tone' effect possible. Despite this the day in which we took our photographs it was a very dull day, however when editing I could enhance this. 

A photograph I liked:




This image is my best image as i believe the tone is extremely varied. I believe the image looks better in black and white as it highlights the tone more, in comparison to the coloured image. I like how the water dropped over it appears almost as ink which creates a different tone to the leaves themselves. I used the flash in order to enhance the tone of the leaves and the rain on this. By editing the image into black and white I believe I've enhanced the tone further, as the black and white colour brings out the shading on the leaves, allowing us to see they're 3D. 



A photograph I did not like:



  This is my worst image of the day as it doesn't show much tone as there's not much shadow on the wall. Therefore, due to there being minimal amounts of shadow, it gives the perception that it's a 2D (not 3D) structure. If I was to reshoot this again I'd try and include more shadow in the image, or I would photograph a different wall which wasn't as flat. Consequently there'd be more opportunities to create shadows.

Progression:
I would vary my editing techniques in order to enhance the optome in my images more if I was to reshoot. Examples of how I could do this is shown below. 






No comments:

Post a Comment