Tuesday 13 October 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Shape

Evaluation:

In today's lesson I learned about geometric and free shapes. This helped me when I went out and shot my photographs as it allowed me to spot, and talk about various types of shapes and explore them in my photographs. I learned how the shapes in my images could be basic, or unique and still have an effect on the overall appearance of the photograph. This allowed me to see how different shapes create different atmospheres. Moreover, it allowed me to discover that essentially everything has a shape! Additionally, I learned how photographing shapes at various angles can change their shape, also how shadowing can vary shape too. This 

A photograph I liked:


This is my favourite image for shape as it's abstract as you cannot see the colours on the building or the light. This allows you to focus more on the shape of the objects, the building is a geometrical shape and so is the light. There's no irregular shapes in this image. I like that you can also see the clouds in this image as they're shapes also, the angle in which a shot this photo helps excentuate the height of the building and light-giving them authority.


A photograph I did not like:


This was my worst image of the day as I aimed to focus on the black structure, however it appears to make your eye focus on everything else instead. If I was to shoot this again I'd focus more on the black metal frame, and shoot the image from a higher angle, this would focus on the shape itself more. 

Progression: 
I would make sure the shapes in my images are a lot clearer. I would also photographer closer up to objects to portray shape here too. 









1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete