Tuesday 20 October 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Reflection

Evaluation:

In today's lesson we were given the task of photographing the component reflection, I thought this would be extremely hard as if you're photographing reflective surfaces, then you would end up photographing yourself in the image too. However, once I got out and started shooting I realised you can explore reflection in various types of ways. 

An image I liked: 


I like this image as it clearly reflects the sky above. The structured and organised outset of the building doesn't distract your eye, it allows your eye to focus solely on the buildings reflection. The angle i photographed this image at compliments the reflection also as it allow us to feel as though we're looking up into the sky, when in reality we're looking forwards. I believe the right amount of lighting was also present- as if there was anymore light it would have reflected off the building and caused glare, preventing me from photographing the image. 
The image below is edited, and the above image is the original. I edited it lighter so it was easier to see the reflective service. 


An image I did not like:


This image is one i wish i could shoot again. If i shot this image again I'd photograph it in a studio so i could control the light. I needed more light going into the eye, consequently you would have seen more of the reflections, which were occurring in her eye. I like the angle i took the image at as you can see directly into the eye, and the whole eye itself. I dislike the image overall as it's too dark and needed more light, next time I'd also adjust the camera settings to ensure i was capturing as much light as possible in the image.

Progression:






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. again some very strong images which could be used for the portfolio, eve the eye is strong..

    ReplyDelete