Tuesday 6 October 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Form

Evaluation:

In today's lesson we were given the task of photographing  the element 'form'. At first I found it difficult to get my head around what form was, and I found it hard to capture images showing  this effectively. However, I did like exploring this topic as a whole, as it helped me learn more about lighting, and how it can affect an image. 


A photograph I like:


This was my best image of the day as we can clearly see how the light is used and reflected off the glass in this image. The light follows the turns of the vase, which allows us to understand it's a 3D structure.  In addition, the angle i took this picture from is good as it allows us to see the same vase again in the background, however this one has less light reflecting off of it and it's slightly duller, showing it has less form than the vase in the foreground. 


A photograph I did not like:


This image was one of my worst of the day. There's hardly no form in this image due to there being a minority of light creating shadow. If I was to shoot this again i would take the image from a different angle, therefore creating more shadows, which would allow for form to be present. The only bit of form we can see in this image is the shadow from the frame of the board. I would get more of the frame in my image too if i was to re-shoot this again.

Progression:

If I was to reshoot I would get closer to the objects, I would also photograph in the studio in order to control the lighting easier (using snoot/honeycomb...) Some images below show how I could take photographs in the studio. 




No comments:

Post a Comment