Tuesday 13 October 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Texture

Evaluation:

In today's lesson we were given the task of photographing texture, and different types of texture (e.g. smooth, rough.) I tried to investigate the various types of textures in my images by photographing a variety of objects. I learned how different textures can enhance different aspects of images, for example a rougher texture, will give the feel of a harsher atmosphere. 

A photograph I liked:


I chose this image for texture as there's various different textures through out the image (leaves, gravel, cigarettes), therefore this excercises texture well as it interests the eye. If I shot this image again I'd take it from a different angle, closer to the floor which would have exposed some more of the undergrowth. Additionally, I like the autumnal colours involved in the image, as it adds warmth to the overall image. 

A photograph I did not like: 

This was my worst image of the day, as although it does show a smooth texture it is a boring image and doesn't interest the viewer. If i was to reshoot this again i would take the image at a different angle and i would also photograph the image closer to the desk to try and accumulate more texture into the image as it merely looks smooth and bland. However, I would not photograph this table again, as i prefer rougher textures, which give the image more depth, and interest. 

Progression:
I would like to make the texture clearer in some of my images, I could do this by editing them better on photoshop, or changing my camera settings and using flash in order to expose the texture more and make it clearer. 







No comments:

Post a Comment