Tuesday 5 January 2016

Photo Documentary- Christmas- Straight Images

This image represents Christmas effectively as it shows wrapping paper, which is associated with presents on Christmas Day. The shiny wrapping paper also highlights the 'sparkle' of Christmas. 

I believe this image represents Christmas as I photographed this image outside my local town hall, this symbolises unity as the town hall is where everyone gathers in the town. Also it has Christmas lights hanging outside which is again a tradition of Christmas. 

I took this photograph when at Westfield with my friends, the bright lights I believe represent Christmas as we symbolise lights with Christmas frequently. It also shows people out Christmas shopping, which again relates to Christmas. 

I like how my image ubove is blurred, as I believe this creates a cosy atmosphere like Christmas itself. The lights again symbolise Christmas celebrations. 

This image shows common presents which people may receive on Christmas Day. 

This image highlights presents and gifts people give at Christmas.

This image highlights the Christmas lights, which are assosciated with Christmas and celebrations around this time period. 

This is a Christmas decoration which was placed in my house. I like this image as the curtain covers it slightly, giving the impression that it's hiding. 

This is another image of Christmas decorations. The greens and reds are common Christmas colours and are shown effectively in this image. 

This photograph shows my table which I ate my Christmas dinner on, this is directly linked to Christmas through food and unity whereby all the family gather together. 

This image shows how people relax and lounge around on Christmas Day all together. 

This image again shows Christmas lights and decorations. 

This image is of a love heart, which symbolises love at Christmas for your friends and family. 

Even though I have edited these images, it is arguable whether 'photo documentaries' should or not, as documentaries are factual. therefore should not be manipulated. However, I edited my images as I wanted to reflect my editing skills, and to see the difference between the two images (edited, and not edited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment