Friday 29 January 2016

Connecting Essays

Connecting Essays-

This is an image I found on the internet, this image highlights the use of lines and shape well. I like the angle in which the image is photographed, as it makes the bike appear 2D, and flat. Furthermore, the angle of the image allows a different perspective of the usual 3D bike. The black and white aspect of the image highlights the contrast in colour of the bricks behind. Concentration is held on the bike itself, you're not distracted by the background of the image which is what I believe the photographer intended. An urban feel is given in this image from the bricks in the background, as it appears to be in a city centre. 




These are my images I photographed in the college. I edited the image on photoshop (the bigger image is the edited one), I edited the image and gave it a warmer colour as I believe it makes it seem more autumnal. This is due to the warm brown/orange colours. In this image I believe I have made the bike appear 3D, as tone is shown through the shine on the bike, allowing you to see the poles curve and that it is not a 2D image. Your eyes focus on the bike, as I have positioned it in the centre of the image. I photographed this image at a slight diagonal angle to capture the 3D aspect more.


Overall, these images link as they're both images of bikes which suggest adventure and travel. The image from the internet has a plain background (bricks), whereas my image has more of an open background as you can see pavement, trees and fences. Although the angles of the images may vary, you can evidently observe how the two images link, as they're both photographs of the same object. Moreover, focus is drawn to the bike in both the images, not to any other background objects. 


No comments:

Post a Comment