Tuesday 26 January 2016

Connecting Essay

Connecting Essays- 


This image is photographed as a portrait using low key lighting. The photographer has made the girl look down in the lens, drawing your eyes into hers, and into the image. Her dark eye liner also draws your eyes into hers, as you focus on the tiny flicks either side of her eyes. Her hands slightly obstruct your view to part of her face. Overall I like this image, as one side of her face is bright, whereas the other side is darker.  





 This is my image I photographed in our college studio. I used the low key lighting to photograph this image. The person in my image is looking slightly to the right of the camera lens. This image was based on Irving Penn. Here, I have captured a dead pan look, with no emotions being shown. I decided to edit the image black and white as it highlights the lighting aspect in more detail, in comparison to the coloured image.





I believe these two images are linked as they both capture low key lighting. Although the other image has less low key lighting than my image, they still both portray it in various ways. Both the images are in black and white, which highlight the contrasting colours in the image, and the detail. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello I think this post needs to be updated as the low key lighting emulates e.g. Irving Penn.. Never the less the are good...

    ReplyDelete