Thursday 26 November 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Location Portraiture

Evaluation:

In today's lesson we were told to carry on with out portraiture theme, but this time not photographing in the studio, but on location-similar to Alec Soth. I enjoyed this shoot as I prefer shooting on location, in comparison to the studio, this is due tot he fact that you have more freedom to experiment with your images ion different locations; whereas in the studio you can only stay in that one location. I learned how to control my camera settings more, allowing me to get the right amount of lighting in my photograph, due to not having the luxury of changing the outdoor lighting like we can do in the studio. 


The image on the left is edited, whereas the one on the right is the original photograph. This is my best image of the day as in the portrait you're drawn to the face, due to the curving wall, almost acting as a leading line pointing you into the direction of the face. In addition, as you can see the background in the distance this creates a sense of perspective as you realise there's depth to the image. I like the way i edited the image as by making it darker it allows you to focus in on the face, the darkness of the image creates further tone, form and saturation of the lips. I also like the deadpan look on the face, as it compliments the dark contrast of the image implying a sense of seriousness. The eyes are looking straight at the camera, which creates a serious monotone appeal further. 




This was my worst photograph of the day, if i was to re-shoot this again i would ensure eye contact was made with the camera, and that the person was ready for the image to be taken- as they're in mid-conversation in this image. The angle of this image is good as it's unexpected/unique for a portrait image. I would ensure that she wasn't looking too far down, as it stops me from photographing her whole body, aswell as the face, due to her body being closed down, because of her leaning over the bars. 

Progression:







No comments:

Post a Comment