Wednesday 25 November 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Portraiture

Evaluation:

In today's lesson we went in the studio and focused on portraiture. We used an orange and a white background. I learned how to work with individuals that I am photographing in order to get them in the position I want them. 


This is my best image of the day. I edited it into black and white as you can see more of the tone of Fern's face. This highlights the contrast of colour on her face. I captured the emotion of happiness in this image, and i caught an action shot of Fern laughing. Fern's body is evenly proportioned in the image, none of her upper body is cut out. In addition, i believe there's enough space between Fern's head and the top of the image. Furthermore, i like how in the black and white image it's a dark black and white, not a lighter black and white- this draws your eye in more, and creates more texture to the image. 




This is my worst image i took of the day, if i was to reshoot this image again i would ensure i didn't cut out Fern's head from the top of the image. Furthermore, Fern's arm is cut out of the image, therefore this picture is not of her whole upper body as parts are cut out. I haven't really captured any specific emotion in this image as Fern's hand is obstructing her face. Consequently, if i was to reshoot this image again i would ensure her hands weren't obstructing her face, therefore id be able to capture her emotions within the image.

Progression: 





No comments:

Post a Comment