Thursday 24 September 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Pattern

Evaluation:

We were given the task of photographing pattern. I found this interesting as it helped me to learn how pattern can be found in numerous places. For example this helped me to explore how nature portrays simplistic patterns, also I photographed complex patterns too, which are man made. 

A photograph I like:

This is my best image of the day as the stripes are an equal distance apart and they show a structured pattern. In addition. In this image the bricks on the floor also make a pattern, therefore there's a pattern inside a pattern. The road is also a pattern due to the tarmac. The horizontal lines of the road markings suggest calmness whereas the random vertical and horizontal lines of the bricks suggest chaos. Overall, i like this image as it's simple and portrays three different types of patterns, all in one image. 


A photograph I did not like:


This is my worst image of the day as i believe i should have focused more into the black ball as the background distracts you from the pattern itself. I'd also photograph the image so the ball was in the middle of the picture, as the main focus point. However, i do like the pattern of the ball as it's slightly chaotic although it does obtain a pattern. In addition i would have tried various angles (down below) to get more of the pattern in, as it would appear to open up into a ball.

Progression:
If I was to reshoot I would ensure all of my images precisely portrayed pattern, so that I could deem my images to be successful. I would also ensure the pattern overtook the whole image, not just part of this. Moreover, I would also like to capture more natural and organic patterns. 





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete