Thursday 17 September 2015

Work Diary&Progression- Line

Evaluation:

In today's lesson we was asked to focus on the component 'line', these lines can be horizontal, vertical, curved, or jagged. When given this task I thought it would be quite boring; however, once I got out and started taking photographs I realised lines are technically everywhere! Therefore there were lots of different objects I could photograph


A photograph I didn't like:

I photographed this image of a tree for my line project. However, I dislike this image as if i was to shoot it again I'd position the trunk in the middle of the photo, to allow viewers eyes to follow up the trunk and along all the jagged lines on the bark. Furthermore, I'd have used a different angle as I'd have taken the image from lower down the trunk to get more lines into the picture from the bark. The bark has harsh angry lines, and then the leaves are softer lines which are separate from the bark, I like this. the horizontal lines I've captured in this image suggest power, corresponding with the tree itself as they're both tall and powerful.


A photograph I did like:

I like this image that I photographed as the focus point is on a jagged, wide line in the centre of the image, due to the focus point your eyes are automatically drawn here, therefore allowing you to see the purpose of the image (lines), I chose this image as one of my best because the cracks in the mud are random, which expresses chaos and disorder of the ground, and how unpredictable and random lines can be. Horizontal and vertical lines are used showing strength but also calmness and tranquillity.


Progression:






1 comment:

  1. good analysis and a development of your photography into an abstract approach.

    ReplyDelete