Thursday 5 May 2016

Fourth Plinth - Work Diary & Progression

Evaluation: 

We were given the task of editing images into other photographs we'd taken, in order to imitate a 'fourth plinth', we had to work primarily on photoshop to do this. I enjoyed this task as it allowed me to further my skills on my editing in photoshop. I photographed objects in the studio, and edited these onto the images I took during my landscape homework. I wanted to make my images surreal, and ensure that they blended well within the image.


An image I liked:

I liked this image as it is extremely abstract and fits the fourth plinth theme, as you do not see large shoes in landscapes. I also like how I edited the shoe in order for it not to stand out greatly from the image, as it was originally extremely light, and didn't blend well- it now looks realistic. If I progressed this further I could have then reflected the shoe in the water, to make this image appear more realistic. 


An image I did not like:

I believe this image was the weaker one out of the two, as the shoe appears stretched and edited. Moreover, despite it being an unusually large shoe, it fits in better with the environment, than it does in my best image above. Therefore, this does not hit the fourth plinth criteria, as it has to be an object that stands out, and would not appear to usually fit into the environment. I could have also created a reflection of the shoe in the puddle which would have enhanced my image as a whole.



Progression:

If developed I'd like to try experimenting with different objects, in order to vary my fourth plinth ideas. Some of the f these objects I could further experiment with are shown below. 






No comments:

Post a Comment