Thursday 3 March 2016

Physical Experiments

I decided to edit some of my images physically, and then scan them onto the computer in order to vary my editing techniques. 

I ripped the paper at random in order to achieve this effect. I decided to edit this image this way because I believed the rips would add to the effect of the image. I thought this because the expression on the individuals face in the photograph looked malice, therefore the rips work well with this as they present a darker, and edgier feel to the image as a whole; overall, I like how my image has turned out. 

I edited this image this way by using the blades of scissors to scratch away the colour from the image. I believe this creates a creepy atmosphere to the image as it appears as though the individual has no eyes, and is almost crying. I like the overall effect that has been created in the image, due to the lines I created. If I was to reedit this I could make the lines, which are coming from the eyes longer, to add an even more dramatic effect. 

I edited this image using the same technique as the image above. I wanted to edit my image like this in order to make it more interesting, as the sky was just plain blue before. The scratches almost appear as though they're abstract, uneven clouds in the sky. I like the overall effect; however, if I was to redo this again I believe it would look better as a whole if I splashed paint over the image, instead of scratching the sky. 

I edited this image using a black biro pen, I wanted to do this to add texture to the image by making it appear as though there's graffiti on the walls, which again adds to the urban atmosphere. I like the appearance of the image as it works well with the dark colours in the image originally.

I edited this image using crayons and drawing on the image. I wanted to do this to almost create a tribal appearance to the image, as the group of individuals are all huddled looking at a piece of artwork. I like how this has turned out as the colours are not too bright and blend well with the background. 


1 comment:

  1. You will need to explain how the transformation has changed the meaning of the photograph e.g. describe your concept and the connotations associated with the print.

    ReplyDelete