Tuesday 9 February 2016

Work Diary & Progression- 'Stereotypical London' Photo Documentary

Evaluation:

We went on a trip to London and we were given the task of photographing what we wanted to- I chose to focus on photo documentaries. I then took pictures based on 'stereotypical London', and how a daily commuter, or tourist would view London. I liked the freedom what we were given as we could shoot whatever we wanted. 



This is my best photograph of the day, as I like how its run down appearance creates more texture, and contrast in the photograph. This image is unedited, as I do not believe it needs any editing. The glow of the light catches your eye as it's slightly brighter than the rest of the image. This fits into my photo documetary of 'Stereotypical London' as the underground is widely assossciated with London, and you can see the universal sign for this in the image. Line is executed well in this image through the bricks in the background, moreover shape is too executed efficiently as there's various different shapes (rectangles, squares…) 

This is my worst image of the day as I should have adjusted the camera settings, I shot this image on exposure 1/100 seconds, ISO 200, and F/9. This was the wrong settings, as it highlighted the sign in the foreground; whereas, the background is too dark. This is too much of a contrast and it looks unrealistic.  
However, I do like the sky in the image and the colours shown across it. 


Progression:







No comments:

Post a Comment