Tuesday 15 December 2015

Work Diary & Progression- Shape Studio

Evaluation:

In today's lesson we were given the task of photographing shape in the studio. We had to learn different lighting techniques, and bring in our own objects to photograph. I found this extremely interesting as you can create shapes from the shadows the objects themselves cast. 



This is my best image i photographed of the day. I like how it is not a geometric shape, it's more of an abstract one. I edited my image, the photograph above is edited, whereas the image below is the original image. I edited the image to make the colours more cool, by making the background more white and the leaf a lighter, cooler green. I like the image as a whole because it's a weathered leaf, meaning it's flaky and old, this adds to the shadows as it has rips in it- this enhances the shape aspect of the image further as the shadows themselves create dark shapes. I like the angle in which i photographed the image as the light hits it from the right, creating a shadow to the left, which adds to the image as a whole. 







This is my worst image of the day; although I do like the outline of the compass, and the shadow it creates on the shiny table, I do not like the darkness of the image as a whole. I could use the dodge tool to make this brighter in photoshop. If i was to reshoot this again i would possibly use a snoot to direct the light specifically over the compass to show more of the detail, enhancing the 'shape' aspect of the image- however I would be carful to not overexpose the image. I like the angle at which i took the image, subsequently I would not change this, however I could possible take an image head on from the compass, so I could include all of the detail from the face of the compass.


Progression:







1 comment:

  1. more comments on the technical outcomes is required.. please

    ReplyDelete